Tyne and Wear
We are proudly representing an expanding construction contractor based in Tyne and Wear who are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Sales Estimator to join their highly successful team.
The post holder will be responsible for achieving sales targets. Developing and growing relationships with new customers and maintaining and building stronger relationships with existing customers.
Work together within a busy team to respond to enquiries/tenders from new and existing customers within set deadlines.
- As the Sales & Tender Estimator you will work as part of a small team supporting all stages of the sale and estimating process through to fulfilment
- The Post Holder must have the ability to Manager assess and respond to competitive tenders.
- Knowledge of the marketplace and supply chain essential, together with having worked within the industry for a number of years, with a proven track record of winning competitive bids with Main Contractors and end users.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospect
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline
- Build and cultivate prospect and client relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications to move opportunities through the sales and estimating pipeline.
- Work closely with your co-team members to achieve team targets.
- To develop both product and service knowledge in order to represent the company to the highest of standards.
- Participate in monthly project/sales meetings.
- Planning, preparing and delivering presentations.
- To attend events/seminars and networking events and use social media to develop the brand and new opportunities.
- To providing management with feedback and reports.
- To complete training as required.
- The post holder will be driven for success, sales focused, well organised with excellent communication, IT skills and a good knowledge of the roofing industry.
- Demonstrate proven ability to positively negotiate with customers
- Excellent negotiation and sales skills to develop new business and to undertake a range of sales activities for the company
- Effective use of interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and manage positive and productive internal and external relationships including remotely
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills presenting information logically and concisely in ways that promote understanding
- You must hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be prepared to travel. (company vehicle provided)
- The desired candidate will be a confident decision maker with excellent and accurate report writing skills.
- The post holder will be proactive and enthusiastic with the ability to use own initiative. The position requires travel and occasional overnight stays away from home.