Junior Production Manager
Tyne and Wear
£28,000 - £30,000
Food and Drink, Manufacturing
MTrec Recruitment is representing a specialised food manufacturing SME in their search to appoint their next Production Manager. This dynamic and highly evolving business is looking for someone who is keen to make their development step into Production Management. You may be an experienced Supervisor looking for greater responsibility or a Shift Manager looking to progress into a day shift position and have greater levels of autonomy and decision making. You will be joining a very supportive, friendly, team-based culture, where you will be given every available level of assistance to ensure your transition into this new role and company is as smooth and as enjoyable as possible.
The company are also very investment focused, with new production lines due to be installed, new processes and increased/improved capabilities. There will be a number of highly interesting projects and improvements to be involved in this year and beyond. You will be joining a vibrant and thriving company – which is the reason to consider this role as a great career move. They have a great culture, great investment, a superb team in place and very experienced leadership, so the right decisions are being made to safe guard the continued success of this well-established business.
- To be responsible for leadership of the team to achieve the production targets in a cost effective and timely manner
- Control manning and resources effectively on a daily basis by working alongside the teams to ensure the correct pool of workers is allocated to the area.
- To contribute to improvement activities within the specific area of responsibility and ensure continuous improvement is maintained and audited.
- To develop the team by ensuring all personnel have the relevant skills required to carry out the necessary tasks and maintain this information on the appropriate documentation.
- To take responsibility and ensure compliance to all quality, health and safety regulations as necessary to prevent incidents / accidents and report any incidents and/or accidents via the company procedures.
- To recognise and eliminate waste within the area as part of the improvement activities
- Ensure KPI’s are updated and are displayed within the sections.
- Responsible for the quality standards within the area.
- Ensure compliance to all company agreements in relation to external and internal policy.
- Implement actions to address issues relating to 'down time’ and take action to recover volume shortages
- Communicate effectively with teams to ensure understanding of required targets and outputs, carry out effective start/end of shift handovers
- Adjust and re-allocate manning to achieve optimal output in line with production plans/required output
- Perform regular site walks and conduct audits relating to safety, quality, waste, 5S, productivity and compliance with SOP’s
- Identify and address individual performance issues, agree and monitor corrective actions
- Carry out first level disciplinary reviews.
- Contribute to the compilation and production of work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Conduct performance development reviews in line with business requirements
- Identify and plan training and monitor progress towards completion of training
- Assist with the recruitment, development and training of colleagues in line with work instructions, SOP’s and skills matrices
- Provide reasonable cover for breaks, holidays and sickness absence in line with Company requirements and to support the achievement of the production schedule
- To contribute to and participate in continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- To carry out additional and/or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- You will be an experienced Supervisor or Shift Manager looking to make their transition into Production Management.
- You must have experience working in an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Looking for growth and development.
- Results and improvement orientated, able to take complete ownership of projects and problems.
- You must have worked in a highly structured modern manufacturing environment, and be able to report on KPI’s, lead shift briefings, develop people and manage them in a structured process
- Possess the ability to inspire, motivate and develop people.