Operations Manager- Precision Engineering Sector
Our client is a well establish precision engineering company. They are currently looking to expand their client base. To help develop the company’s process and procedures an exciting opportunity has arisen for an operations manager with a Machining background.
- Develop and constantly improve production management and production scheduling tools.
- Monitor and develop KPI’s within the organisation to ensure operational performance and customer satisfaction.
- Liaise with customers, particularly during customer’s emergency breakdowns where constant communication, co-ordination of out of hours logistics and working may be required to turn around repair services as fast as Developing operating budgets and financial planning.
- Develop and execute strategy with senior management possible.
- Troubleshoot production and technical issues.
- Manage maintenance activities.
- Manage plant wide EHS.
- Develop standard procedure and quality controls for production processes.
- Review non-conformances and implement corrective actions with quality manager.
- Ensure good communication of business strategy with all staff to ensure the company works as a team with shared objectives and goals.
- You will be an experienced manager, who has previously worked within a precision machine shop or mechanical services environment. This role is for high achievers; determined self-driven and resilient individuals who make things happen and develop their people through leading by example.
- The quality of your leadership and ability to develop relationships with all members of staff is the essential ingredient to being successful in this organisation. You will need to be resourceful and able to work under pressure, handling multiple tasks at once in a demanding environment
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent).
- Excellent Communication skills.
- IT skills are essential.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and using database systems to develop internal tools and data collection.
- Formal Training in Six Sigma, or experience working with Six Sigma projects, process management and improvement techniques is beneficial.
- You must be data driven, systematic and analytical.
- If interested please email a CV to email@example.com