Our client is an award-winning supplier to the print/packaging sector, with a portfolio of outstanding customers and national contracts.
Lead, train and motivate your team of Warehouse Operatives to support all logistical requirements throughout the business including; the timely unloading of stock / customer deliveries and loading onto 3rd party vehicles whilst maintaining effective organisation and accuracy of all stock held on site and externally. Ensuring minimal downtime, costs and maximum productivity. Responsible for maintaining staff morale and safety within the department at all times.
- Work in line and adhere to annual the department annual Strategy
- Allocate responsibilities & staff across all shifts in line with delivery booking and production schedules
- Communication and resolution of shift issues associated with all aspects of the running of the warehouse including unloading & loading of stock using forklift equipment, staffing requirements, production schedules & stock availability
- Ensure all daily safety checks are conducted as required by warehouse staff on all equipment including mandatory safety checks by drivers of forklift trucks prior to use
- Ensure all necessary maintenance and repairs are carried out on all equipment and trucks as required and equipment is safe and fit for use
- Ensure delivery schedule of stock into the Warehouse reflects the needs of all production areas, including the need for changes to the schedule and acceptance of unscheduled deliveries where required.
- Liaise with planning to ensure full availability of warehouse staff and provision of services in accordance with production schedules.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of the stock system planning regular stock checks by the Warehouse Team
- Liaise with relevant Account Manager, Commercial, regarding any stock / delivery note discrepancies
- Ensure all documentation and records are kept up to date and accurate, including receipt of all deliveries, booking in of stock issued to and returned from the production floor and booking of stock into internal & external warehouse storage
- Ensure accurate completion of Carriers documentation by Warehouse Operatives for all outgoing deliveries in line with Carriers specification & guidelines
- Identify optimum staffing levels in accordance with production requirements and liaise with key contacts to source as necessary through temporary external resource or internal labour pool.
- Liaise with internal key contacts as appropriate to identify and arrange relevant training & development requirements for Warehouse Operators
- Liaise with other departments and external contacts, communicating information as necessary to ensure timely stock delivery to internal and external customer requirements
- Conduct Performance Management Reviews (PDR’s) with all staff
- Identify & manage staff attendance issues in accordance with internal procedures by conducting return to work interviews, welfare calls & disciplinary meetings with support as required
- Identify & manage staff performance issues (conduct & capability) in accordance with internal procedures through appropriate channels with support as required
- Actively identify & contribute to continuous improvement within the department
- Continuous development and review of departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), ensuring these are adhered to
- Review the risk register and identify any new risks as they arise
- Ensure departmental housekeeping is maintained throughout department to required standards
- Maintain key relationships with Leadership Team, Line Managers and daily contact with staff at all levels / in all areas within the business
- Adherence by self and your team to Company security, Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and FSC / PEFC Chain of Custody standards at all times
- Carry out monthly internal Rack Inspections and arrange annual SEMA inspections by a third party company.
- Review, monitor and control the internal drivers licence system for all FLT drivers.
- Responsible for upkeep of the Company Van, ensuring Service are kept up to date and any incidents or damage are reported.
- Review all transport & parcel costs ensuing competitive rates are sustained annually.
- Any other duty or responsibility which may from time to time fall above or below the remit for this position, as defined by the Transactional & Fulfilment Manager.
- ILM Level 3 in Supervisory Management, or working towards
- Level 3 qualification in Health & Safety
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure & too strict deadlines
- Good time management
- Committed and flexible team worker
- Ability to be proactive and use initiative
- Excellent Literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent PC Literacy
- Knowledge / experience in manufacturing / supply chain environment / Warehousing & Logistics
- Understanding of customer requirements
- Understanding / awareness of Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Role specific technical & mechanical knowledge
- Experience within a logistics/warehouse environment
- Understanding of financial costing structures and implications to the department and business