Infrastructure & Systems Support Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure & Systems Support Manager to work in a rewarding role in the Northumberland. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Provide IT infrastructure support for both the office and MES systems.
- Support and maintain the VMware host servers.
- Support and maintain all Microsoft Windows servers.
- Support the desktop environment.
- Support the network infrastructure for both LAN and WAN.
- Propose, implement and monitor effective backup strategies.
- Ensure timely application of Windows and system updates.
- Monitor anti-virus software.
- Ensure the accuracy and legitimacy of hardware and software licensing.
- Provide operational support for the MES (COAGO).
- Maintenance, fault finding and correction of MES and ERP interfaces.
- Working closely with users departments and IT team.
- Provide user training where applicable.
- To have an expert knowledge of:-
- VMware infrastructure.
- Microsoft Windows server operating systems.
- Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- VEEAM backup and restore.
- Network technologies and infrastructure.
- To specify, install and troubleshoot company servers both hardware and software.
- To provide support to user departments for all desktop hardware and software products.
- Be approachable and to communicate effectively.
- To develop an in depth understanding of the company’s manufacturing execution system COAGO.
- Provide high level operational support to production and user departments.
- Maintain awareness of current industry developments in computing hardware/software and where applicable apply in the company environment.
- Minimise system downtime and manage the rollout of new facilities with minimum disruption.