Tyne and Wear
£27,000 - £28,000 (including shift allowance)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a multi skilled maintenance technician to work in a rewarding contract role with a leading 1st tier automotive supplier based in the Tyne and Wear area. If you strive to help business move forward and feel you are someone who can add something to a team then then this role will be suited to you.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of all production equipment and services.
- Carry out machine installation.
- To diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical faults.
- To minimise any down time to production.
- Lead and create improvement plans for the elimination of waste throughout the process.
- Continually monitor process performance to ensure optimisation.
- Continually monitor process performance through uptime/downtime and capacity to develop action plans for improvement.
- Always strive to continually improve the process.
- Candidates must be qualified to at least HNC level.
- Successfully completed a recognised mechanical apprenticeship or be 17th edition qualified.
- PLC experience ideally.
- Knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
- Experience of machine installation work.
- Experience within a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Shift work and some overtime working are required.